Thursday 26 February 2015

Photo editing for magazine main image

Here I have used Photoshop to edit my main image, whether it be by removing blemishes, small imperfections or  flyaway hairs.


Step one:

 Firstly, I wanted to remove any flyaway hairs from the image, I used the clone stamp tool to clone the sections of the background and replace the flyway's with that. The use of a detailed background with a repetitive pattern of the trees means cloning is easy. The reason for removing flyway's is for the overlay process I will undertake when I layer part of the main image over the masthead for emphasis, flyway's would make the image look more messy and less professional.
Step two:
 Again, I used the clone stamp tool to remove the bobbles from the jumper, this makes the image more refined and neat.
Step three:
 I wanted to remove slight imperfections such as blemishes to make the overall image look more smooth. Using the clone stamp tool, I cloned areas of perfect skin to blur small spots. The first image is the before and the second image was after. As my actor doesn't really have any spots, my job was pretty easy!
Step four:
 To improve the overall look of the image, I adjusted the contrast by increasing it, this makes the image more sharp and well defined, thus emphasising its professional look.
Step five:
For the final step,  I adjusted the tone by making the image look more lively and bright (increasing the tone), this will make the magazine have an overall bright appearance.

Here is the final image:

No comments:

Post a Comment