Monday 30 March 2015

Font selection for magazine

For my magazine, I decided to restrict my fonts to around four different ones. Using a niche number of fonts makes the magazine more simplistic, thus maximising the persuasive effects

ELKWOOD: http://www.dafont.com/elkwood.font I sourced g=his sans-serif font from the website da fonts. As this font is the largest and has the most impact, I decided to make it my masthead. The large width enables me to stretch it across the width of the page without it looking distorted

Tw Cen MT Condensed Extra Bold: this is the font I used for all my cover lines and subhead lines. Its compact style means I can easily pack more information on the cover without it looking overcrowded. As it is the same style font used on billing block credits on film posters, it will subtly echo the film genre.

Book Antiqua:I used this old fashioned serif font for the buzzword 'plus', this distinguishes it from the rest of the sans-serif modern text.

Rosewood Std: This 'circus style' font was used for the buzzword 'win'. As this was located on a puff for a competition, I wanted the text to stand out. The detailed font also captures the eye as everything else on the magazine is quite clean cut and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment