Sunday 1 March 2015

Font research for magazine

To produce my magazine, I need to take into consideration the fonts I will be using for each aspect of the text. After looking at different magazines, I have noticed that not all fonts are constant

Here is a font mood board for fonts to use on the MASTHEAD:

To establish a firm corporate image thorough my tasks, I have chosen bold, sans-serif fonts to keep within the modern theme. These bold fonts will be good as a masthead as they can be easily edited if needed. Because of their size, they can stretch across the top of the cover when the text features minimal words (i.e. it doesn't need loads of words to fill the space, one word or two will suffice). I have narrowed it down to the 'ELKWOOD' font and the 'LEMON MILK'  font due to their modern and professional feel.
HEADLINE :

 I didn't feel like I needed a mood board for my headline as I know which font I will use. I have chosen, Tw Cen MT Condensed, this font will create a coherent corporate image because it is the same condensed font I used for the billing block on my poster. The condensed font evokes a cinematic feel as it is similar to the condensed fonts used on film posters. On its own it looks pretty plain, but I plan to edit it by changing the colour, size and adding a shadow to make it look more unique.

1 comment: