Tuesday 2 December 2014

My Main Character costume

I have decided to make a moodboard concerning my main characters costume, both for the flashback and the present day scenes. I have used the online moodboard website 'polyvore' for this job.


Edwardian costume

For the flashback to the late Edwardian period, my protagonist will lean towards the more casual side of the fashion, even though she is wealthy (this will be obvious by the jewellery) , she will wear fairly plain clothes for that time such as a plain long skirt and white ruched shirt. I have decided to research Edwardian/1900s costumes to get an accurate realism picture for my trailer.

Imagery such as this:



Represents the style I wish to adopt for my flashback sequence. In the Late Edwardian period the most fashionable skirts cleared the floor and approached the ankle. The overall silhouette of women's dresses  narrowed and straightened, beginning a trend that would continue into the years leading up to the Great War, this new, more masculine style was being worn by women as a way of empowerment. In around 1897, the silhouette slimmed and elongated. Blouses/dresses were full at the front and puffed into a "pigeon breast" shape, the waist was sloped from back to front and was often accented with a sash or belt.

Protagonists costume ideas

 
Here is my moodboard for my protagonists present day outfit, she generally wears muted colours such as greens, greys and blacks to blend in with the crowd. As she has a shy, reserved personality her clothes are not loud or pattered, with delicate colours to suit her as a person. However, her boots will be leather and tough looking, to indicate to the audience that their is still fire in her and she is fighting back against the removal of her pills.
Looking at costumes of the protagonist in other films of a similar genre, I can see they have a similar colour scheme.
For example, in 'I am Legend' the protagonist often wears black to conceal himself from the z-ombies, and in 'WWZ' the lead character wears a green/grey military style uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment